SAIS Student Silent Auction
The Builder’s Creator‘s Auction project combines the content area knowledge of three classes (Algebra, Geometry, and Biology). Students had assigned roles in each of their classes. They built sustainable aquariums, artwork from the ground up using acrylic glass. This semester’s project included building a fish tank using regular polygons (Euclidian construction and proofs) and conic shapes while calculating the probability of failure based on the materials they used. In the background, the algebra class acted as the finance, budget and appraisal department where they calculated cost, collected data and displayed the data using X, Y charts and lines of best fit to predict the future costs. The algebra team also appraised the construction work (including art work) from the geometry and they needed to work accurately for their final project: the auction they created and will manage.
Students will auction off their products in an online silent auction. You can also see videos of students explaining how they created the fish tanks and auction.
Look at the 8th and 9th grade algebra and geometry students’ Silent Auction items and bid on any that strike your fancy. Eighth grade students will run the auction, close it and announce the winning bids on Wednesday, June 9th.
Silent auction process and rules:
- Scan the QR code on the right of the item you are interested in.
- Ask any question you have about the item you scanned in the group chat, including if you want more pictures.
- Ask what the current bid is in the chat group.
- Place a higher bid on that item if you would like to buy it.
Please increase the bid by the recommended amount.
- The highest bidder will take the item.
- The auction will close in June 9th Wednesday 12:35 PM, the bread(Loaf) will be Auction today
The fish that start with 100RMB have small tank and filter
The fish that start with 130 have medium tank and filter
The fish that start with 160 have big tank and filter