SAIS Summer Camp
For Age 7-18
Our amazing school is excited to announce our summer options! The purpose of our summer camps are to provide a fully immersive environment for your children to experience. They will come, learn, play, and grow. Through exploring different topics as a group they will form bonds with new friends that will extend well beyond the time of the camp. Come, sign up, and enjoy! In total there are four-weeks of summer camp options organized by SAIS from June 29 to July 23. This is for current SAIS students, as well as any student from any school. Please reserve your spot and sign up for our SAIS summer camp today! Sign up for one or both.
Venue: Shenzhen American International School campus, 80 Gongyuan Road, Shekou, Nanshan, Shenzhen
**The tuition includes all material fees and lunches. For summer camp student families, please arrange your own transportation for this summer camp.**
We will also offer two-week sessions centered around two incredibly popular themes “Lost in Space” and “Back in Time”! The two age groups of 7-12 and 13-18 will have the same themes, but will have differentiated activities.
Session 1: Lost in Space!(6/28-7/9)
Together we will study the deepest parts of space and the future your child can have in the field of space exploration as China and other nations explore the universe! Space exploration has driven innovation for the past 8 decades. The drive to leave this earth and see what is beyond. We will be grappling with difficult problems and stretching ourselves to think outside of the box, to engineer answers to difficult questions, and overcome the impossible. To infinity and beyond!!!
- DAY 1 Space mission training
You will complete a space obstacle course! You will learn and experience what it takes to be an astronaut and taikonaut. You’ll plan a trip into space with your team! You’ll rescue the crew of the ISS as they must use science to escape! Your daily challenges and explorations all begin here.
- DAY 2
You will design ways to save our planet from asteroids! You’ll learn all about DELICIOUSSS space food. We’ll learn all about the International Space Station and that‘s just the beginning!
- DAY 3
Take a trip to the moon! Plan your OWN BASE on the moon! Learn all about why the moon is so critical for our world and the role in our global history through stories and legends from around the world. AND MORE.
- DAY 4
It is getting VERY HOT on our spaceship. We’re getting close to…the SUN. We’ll be conducting experiments with materials and designs all about the sun and constellations in our sky. We’ll also learn the mysteries of…STARDUST.
- DAY 5
TODAY we go DEEP into the SOLAR SYSTEMs and…BEYOND. Through fun and creation we’ll make our own solar system games and challenges. We will also BUILD our own MODEL of the solar system! WE WILL ALSO BE ON THE LOOKOUT FOR ALIENS
- DAY 6
Create your own planet! Compete in games about planets…stars! Make ALIEN ART-IFACTS with PAINT using outer space techniques.
- DAY 7 – WE PLAN MISSION MARS!
Landing on Mars! Flying on Mars! Life on the RED PLANET
- DAY 8 & 9 – ROCKETS! ROBOTS! MOON ROVERS! OH MY!
We will BUILD AND FIRE ROCKETS! We will make ROBOTS AND ROVERS TO EXPLORE SPACE
- DAY 10 – ATTENTION PARENTS- YOU WILL JOIN OUR SPACE MISSION!
Come see the results of our space adventures to see what your young astronauts and taikonauts have created!
Session 2: Back in Time!(7/12-7/23)
Back in Time! How has the past shaped our present? China and Egypt have some of richest histories and we’ll spend two weeks diving into the past. We will bring the past alive and leave camp having a deeper understanding because we didn’t just learn about histroy…we lived it!!
- Day 1 – ANCIENT CHINA CLASS PLAYStart dynasty showcaseStart timeline Mural
- Day 2 – Geography and Architecture.Touring Ancient China .Plotting a Map RouteThe Great Wall ReenactmentTHE STORY OF THE GRAND CANALThe Grand Canal Quiz and game show
- Day 3 – Arts and Sciences.Chinese Invention Convention .Invention CardsThe Chinese Game of Go Mulan: Campaigning for a WarriorWeapons of warGashions of the dynastiesMusical build
- Day 4 – GovernmentCrafting Terra Cotta SoldiersStop motion animationPictures of the Terra Cotta Army .Designing an Emperor’s Silk Robes .
- Day 5 – Dynasty showcase workChina Play
- Day 6 – Egypt escape roomMake a mummy – hamster beware
- Day 7 – Build a tomb team challenge
- Day 8 – Pharaoh trading cards with vital statistics and an illustration.History of HieroglyphicsPyramid build
- Day 9 – The story of the nileEgyptian Cliff Hanger storyPaper making
- Day 10 – Showcase
**You will be invited to attend your child’s presentation at last day of the session.**